food

Style

travel

Rut + Inspiration


THEN
Lately I have been stuck - I have lost the joy in getting dressed and instead have turned to "comfy" options. My wardrobe is full of clothes that I absolutely love but for the past year I have used maybe 10% of it and as a consequence I feel like I have gotten boring. At the same time my self love or self appreciation for my body has gone down - not to say that I hate how I look but I don't feel as comfortable or as confident as I feel I did a year ago.
There hasn't been a great deal of change  No, that's not quite a true statement - my job has changed, my schedule has changed and I have just started a diploma in nutrition. My life has definitely changed - its more grown up and I'm starting to ponder if somehow, unconsciously, that its affected how I dress and in turn affected how I view myself.
How I dressed in the past used to be an expression of self - I had so much fun with it and working in a clothes shop I had that freedom everyday to be as big and as bold as I dared to be. Then I changed jobs and worked in hospitality where that freedom didn't exist and was restricted to a uniform. Now my freedom has somewhat returned but working as a Chiropractic assistant doesn't allow for too much boldness. I guess I still haven't quite worked out the balance of looking professional without losing my touch of self.
Its funny I didn't realise how important dressing each day has an impact on how I feel or view myself. I need to start posting again regularly and I definitely need to start having fun with how I dress again. Lets bring back the fun.

NOW
I wrote the above post at the end of last year with the intent of posting it but I clearly didn't get round to it. I actually have a few of these more "honest" posts where I talk more about my feelings and thought processes. So there's more of these types of posts on the way.
It's so funny to look at it now as I feel the pretty much the opposite. I went through my wardrobe which helped me rediscover some things as well as trying to clear out the unused/unloved items. Clearing through my wardrobe is so hard as I love so much but I have managed to filter through a few things. Rediscovering items is so much fun - its so easy to forget about items if you're wearing the same set of clothes through the different seasons.
At the beginning of the year I made a promise to myself to save more and buy less - I have mostly kept to that! It was my birthday this month so I allowed myself a little reprieve and got myself a few new things. However, I could only buy it if it truly evoked some sort of good feeling. Sounds a bit woowoo but it helps me from purchasing things I don't really want/need! I recently found a skirt in Topshop that I just fell in love with - the moment I saw it it made me happy! Sometimes it truly is the small things in life.
Another exciting thing that is happening is Brian has decided to come on board and help me with this blogging/youtube thing. He has given me a renewed spark of inspiration on what I can do. I love blogging and whatnot but it is not the easiest thing to do by yourself. I always wished for a partner who could help me film and shoot and now I have one. So excited to share some new and hopefully exciting content for you!

Do you have an inspiration rut or just a rut in general? How do you get out of it?

No comments

You're the best!

Powered by Blogger.